VShare, also known as AppVV, is one of the best-known alternatives to the already missing Installous. Thanks to it, you can download and install new applications on your iPhone, iPad or iPod without jailbreak. With this tutorial, you can download and install VShare on your iPhone with jailbreak.
Jailbreak Your Device
First of all, if you don’t know what we are talking about, check out this article that explains what vShare is and how it works.
Logically, the first step before you can download and install vShare on your iPhone or iPad is to have your Apple device released. Therefore you have to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod :
- Download the required firmware from the evasi0n website, depending on your operating system. It has direct links in Box and Mega
- If you use Windows, you must have iTunes installed
- Obviously, you also need an Apple device with iOS 7, and a USB cable to connect it to the computer
- Make a backup copy of all your data using iTunes or iCloud. If something fails, you can retrieve them from here
- Disable the lock screen pin if you use it, before installing the jailbreak
- Do not use the device while evasi0n7 is being installed
- If the installation stops for any reason, restart the device (by pressing the Power and Home buttons at the same time) and start over
- If OS X 10.8 says that the jailbreak cannot be opened, do it manually with the right mouse button
- Connect the Apple device to the computer with the USB cable
- Double click on the downloaded file. It will detect the Apple model you have installed. Press the Jailbreak button
- In the middle of the process, you will be asked to unlock the device and touch the evasi0n icon that appears on the screen
- A new unlock almost at the end will finish the installation
- When finished, the Cydia icon will appear, which you can startup.
- You can now disconnect the iPhone or iPad from your computer to start using it.
Add The vShare Repository To Cydia
Once you have jailbroken and have Cydia (an application similar to the App Store that allows you to search and install advanced applications) installed, you will need to search to install AppSync on your device, as it is necessary to run vShare.
Download And Install vShare
- Once you have jailbroken your iPhone, iPad or iPod and have AppSync installed on the device, it is time to install the vShare app from Cydia.
- Again, use the search bar to locate it either as vShare or as Apple.
- At the end of the installation, your device will restart. as happened in the previous step and you will have downloaded and installed vShare on your iPhone with jailbreak.
Installing vShare Through iTunes
- There is another way to install vShare on your Apple device. To do this, once you have your terminal with jailbreak and AppSync installed, download vShare from the application page.
- Once you have the downloaded.IPA file, add it to the iTunes library by dragging and dropping it into the program.
- Now connect your iOS device to iTunes and sync it with the program. Once the process is finished, you will have vShare installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.